James R. McKoon Jr.
After graduating from Cumberland Law School, James R. McKoon Jr. worked
briefly as an Assistant District Attorney in Russell County, Alabama before
opening his own practice.
Today James is a general practice lawyer with an emphasis in civil litigation,
criminal law, medical malpractice, auto accidents, divorce, wills, and
mediation. James has over thirty years of experience, and during this
time has represented clients in Lee, Russell, and Chambers Counties. James
has experience representing plaintiffs and defendants alike.
James is also very active in his church community. He is married to Barbara
E. McKoon. Together they have four children.
- Native of Phenix City, Alabama
- B.A., Auburn University 1973
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law at Samford University 1977
- Member of the Alabama State Bar
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- The Russell County Bar Association
- 2010 Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards
- 2011 The Best Lawyers in America